-->

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Journal Entry #33 and #34 - Auburn, WA

Tuesday 10/1/02                                                

Day Thirty-three/ Day 6 of 3rd leg


Yesterday & today have been filled with errands and packing and personal business via phone, internet and fax. Last night we had a camp fire, and as usual when we’re relaxing, we talked over ideas for “The Ranch” – décor, remodeling, property, etc and of course The Move. We’re pretty pumped up for the whole process, and will look into the possibility of moving the closing date up when we see Joe & Jeannie (the buyers) tomorrow. If that’s possible, and changing truck rental dates is possible, and moving up the closing date in Ohio is possible, then we may be departing here before the 19th!

Today, took care of a variety of personal business like insurance, prescriptions, vehicle stuff, etc. We’re not working too hard, just getting things done. Oh, today I put out the *agility equipment and Vince & Tessa both did great! I was pretty impressed considering the downtime between practicing, and the tight, condensed course. It made me really look forward to being able to spread out a course on our property in Ohio.

David asked me what/where I would like to eat for my birthday dinner; decided to wait until we can look through next Sunday’s paper to get some ideas for a new place to go.

*agility equipment: Vince and Tessa had both been involved in dog agility classes with me as their handler,
and David built us some practice jumps. Agility was very challenging and fun,
especially given Vince's shy nature, Tessa's exuberance, and my inability to remember a course layout...


End of Entry



Wednesday 10/2/02                                                

Day Thirty-four/ Day 7 of 3rd leg


Although we have been sleeping rather late lately, this morning we got up at a decent hour. 

Another day of errands. David’s Dr. and the pharmacy finally got their act together and he was able to pick up his Rx today. He rode the *Gold Wing to the Fred Meyer since I was still at the grocery store. I shop so slow when I’m by myself – not on purpose, but it can take me 1-2 hours to buy less than $80 stuff because I read all the labels, consider alternate brands, check pricing, think about ingredients for future recipes, etc. I’m usually fairly exhausted when I finish grocery shopping.

Made plans to see *Ramona Sat. at 4pm, her house for a BBQ. Jeannie & the carpet guy came at 6:00pm to measure. Watched ‘Enterprise’ and ‘West Wing’.

*
Gold Wing: our baby blue, 1990 Honda Gold Wing motorcyle
*Ramona: friend and former boss at Superior Turf Equipment


End of Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment