-->

Friday, June 14, 2013

BUBBLES IS DEAD

   Deuce, aka "Andre the Second" is a single father now, with three young ones to care for. I came home after work yesterday to find Bubbles deceased, and Deuce wandering aimlessly about.
   Now might be a good time to point out that Bubbles and Deuce are zebra finches who reside in a flight cage in my craft room. Andre and Crystal were the first two zebra finches my husband gave me for Christmas 2011, and I loved watching them. But, Andre died within the first year, and Crystal was matched with Andre II (which went fairly well) but then she died after about a year. Bubbles was a replacement for Crystal, and she and Deuce did the wild thing several times during their first meeting, eventually laying and sitting on a few eggs. Those were infertile, but Deuce had time to fuel his jets before the next round, and the wonder couple hatched three of five eggs just days ago. 
   No explanation for the deaths; they have seed, water, daylight, nests, companionship. Guess I'll focus on life, and hope Deuce can feed and care for them on his own.

1 comment: