-->

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I CANNOT BELIEVE I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THIS MORNING'S POST!

Rookie Mistake
I was fooling around with my blog on my mobile device, and when I thought I was deleting something else, I deleted my tribute post to Deuce. Well dammit, here it is again as best I remember--he deserves the effort:

Happy Father's Day to Deuce!
   Though his morning songs are sad and subdued since Bubbles died, Deuce (Andre the Second) has stepped up to the challenge of caring for his three babies. Three, plump little hatchlings sleep and wait for their next meal, and he seems to be bringing them on time as the little guys/gals are getting bigger every day.
   Deuce eats from the plate of chopped up kale, broccoli, grapes and boiled egg, then digests and rests before regurgitating into the upraised beaks. When I first posted this morning, I had not seen him enter the nest for the feeding, but later I did and it was funny to hear them get all excited.
   I am totally nominating Deuce for Fathers Day Father of the Day or whatever award fits, because I didn't hold out much hope that he would a) know what to do, and b) be able to do it all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment