-->

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Journals are Coming! The Journals are Coming!

   I've decided to use this forum to begin publishing excerpts (or maybe even wholecerpts...) from my decade of journaling.
   Nothing too boring, and definitely nothing too private (not that I have much of that in my journals, because it's not my style, and because I think I secretly always believed that someday someone would invent a way for me to put my journal out in public, and a no-names policy is always a safe bet), but back to when I started my journal for our cross-country move from a Washington State suburb to Ohio farmland in 2002.
   A select few people have read pages from my notebooks, and their response was always positive and followed by requests to read more. And, due to my very poor short-term, mid-term and long-term memory, the entries can be somewhat informative when I have reason to flip back through. I have no illusions that what I post will create a ripple in the literary waters, but since I have no children to pass my stories along to, this seems like a reasonable substitute. And, just maybe, my words will entertain someone, somewhere, for just a little while.
   Well, there it is. A commitment into the digital ether, but a commitment nevertheless. If nobody minds, I will not be posting wall-to-wall journal entries, because there are alot of things going on around me every day that will insert themselves, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment