-->

Friday, August 30, 2013

Journal Entry #22 - Butler, Twp Rd 49, Willoughby Hills, OH

Friday 9/20/02                                                

Day Twenty-two

     Butler KOA
     Starting mileage 92033 / Ending mileage 92190

David had some sort of sinus attack in the early hours, and @ 5:00am got up to do his perpetual Kleenex act in the living room. Poor guy was sneezing and blowing his way through half a box of tissue. Finally made the decision to drink some Nyquil, which meant I would be driving to the inspection. Could be exciting since I haven’t been behind the wheel for over 2 weeks!

Left the KOA at 8:30am. We left the pets in the trailer with the air cond. on, because it was already shorts weather. Nice breeze, though. Arrived at the house 9:00am, and the inspector & real estate agent were already there. The insp. had been up on the roof before we arrived. We followed him around while he did his thing in the house. He was very pleasant, thorough and informative. Says he lives on Pleasant Valley Road near Malabar Farm! I’ll have David write down the general points of interest from the inspection.

I took a few more pictures. We had started a video to show the area near the house, but 5 minutes after I started taping inside the house the battery went dead (a mystery, since David charged it last night). So, more digital photos. Had fun petting the horse again. I finally climbed up the ladder to the barn loft—so much space!

After the 3-hour inspection wrapped up, we said good-bye to our home-to-be and headed into Lexington to get a PO box. David had already filled out the form, so it didn’t take long. Oh, it turns out the current owners of the house ripped out the mailbox, post & all, and installed it across the road for their new house. So, I guess we’ll be in the market for a mailbox (and post…) when we get back. The PO box was intended to get Minuteman Press mail, but now everything can go there until we’re set up.

Decided to have a comfort-food lunch at McDonalds, then back to the KOA to pack up for the trip to Cleveland. Arrived KOA at 1:00pm with 92086 mileage. Managed to get everything torn down and packed away and hitched up and on the road at 2:30pm. After getting to I-71 I called Leslie to confirm our arrival, and then Lynne called to speak to David about the inspection, then I tried to call the Ray & Sharon but no answer. I’ll call my sister after we hit Cleveland, when she should be home from work.

Had a smooth trip & reached Leslie’s at 4:30. Still unseasonably hot & humid, so after meeting & greeting & emptying a beer, we showered. Turns out Dave had an uncle in town, and they were playing an annual golf ‘thing’ so Dave would meet us at whatever restaurant we went to (David & I offered to take them to dinner to thank them for keeping the trailer). Eventually the 3 of us got out the door and headed for the WBC: Willoughby Brewing Company. That’s the restaurant Leslie, Debbie and Marie and I ate at last year and I had a fabulous porterhouse steak. Even though it was 7ish on a Friday night, we were seated within minutes, and Leslie & I had a great time talking & being crazy while David patiently kept us company.
By the way, that pesky science of mathematics was used to poke a giant hole in a belief I’ve held for years. Too embarrassing to write down, but I’m sure David or Leslie would be glad to tattle…After dinner & brews (T-ribeye, since they weren’t serving the porterhouse, D-NY strip, L-salmon) we walked around ‘town’ and stopped in to an art gallery that was having a showing. Saw some interesting, pleasing art in various styles.

A little more strolling (by the way, Dave B didn’t show up but Leslie was not at all surprised since golf was involved) and then we went back to Leslie’s. David was feeling pretty zonked from lack of sleep last night, and overall cumulative effects, so he retired to the trailer and I went in the house (it was @ 9:30). Leslie forced me to eat ice cream—with chocolate sauce.

Dave came home shortly, and after the kids were wrangled into bed (sort of) I flipped through the digital photos of the trip thus far. I went to bed @ 11:00.


End of Entry



No comments:

Post a Comment