-->

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Three Tenors (and a Flute)

Andre the Second, Corky, and Brut have developed into a handsome little trio, and Flute is their pretty accompianist. Corky and Brut each sculpted the majority of their vocal pattern from Daddy Deuce's influence, but Corky has incorporated an outside influence--literally.

When I'm home during nice weather, I like to open the window behind the zebra finch enclosure ('cage' is such a horrid image) so my little birds get to feel the sunlight and a breeze, and see the greenery of the shrub right outside. Plus, Mother Nature has a much larger enclosure, and several more little birds than I do, and they like to come visit mine and sit in the shrub or on the brick window ledge.


Well, a few mornings ago I heard an unfamiliar bird call from their room, and I rushed back thinking I would find that one of the outside birds had found a way inside. Nope. Corky must have been secretly taking lessons from one of the visitors, because he was sitting on the top dowel rod letting rip with a new rhythmn, and Deuce was just looking at him with his beak gaping open. Couldn't tell if he was proud or aghast.

I'll try to get a recording, but I don't really have the tools for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment