-->

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Journal Entry #37 - Auburn, Ravensdale WA

Saturday 10/5/02                                                
Day Thirty-seven/ Day 10 of 3rd leg

I stayed up after dog duty @ 6:00 am and watched some neat cooking shows and dog shows, and a couple plant shows. I guess that’s a nice highlight list of things I enjoy…

After we were both up & around, we ignored the gray, moist day & headed to Home Depot to look at carpet swatches & tools for future reference at the Ranch. Then to the Honda store in Auburn to p/u the Gold Wing tire (
(This isn't me,
just a borrowed photo simulation...)
had bearings replaced). David managed to get me looking at ‘quads’ which I think may be helpful to ride around 10 acres, and pull a utility trailer.

I also sat on a motorcycle; a cool, snazzy Honda Rebel, which I liked for its looks (red & sleek) and the fact my feet both touched flat. Still too chicken to learn to drive (I know, I know: Ride).

Returned home, and David proceeded to put the Gold Wing back together. I decided to clean the kitchen, then make an experimental batch of blackberry cobbler. Short Version: tried to combine recipes, went 1 ½ cups short on flour, made an 8 x 8 pan of goo, managed to salvage the topping on some individual apple cobbler minis but not enough liquid in the fruit section so we’ll have to have a taste test. All in all, I’m glad this was a practice run and not for public consumption.

At 3:45 David came in and reminded me that we were scheduled to be at Ramona’s house @ 4:00 for a BBQ. Since the apple cobblers were still gasping for life in the oven, I had to call & say it would be a little later.

Had a good chicken BBQ, with corn & biscuits and pasta salad. Ramona & Norm were there as well as Ramona’s parents, with Phoebe the beagle and *Shadow and Ringo. Hung around & looked at the upgraded yards, and ate, and watched the WA State / USC football game. Also, showed Ramona the photo CD. Just before David & I left, *Kara called & Ramona was pulled away on an important conversation, so we left & told Norm that I would call Ramona and do lunch before the 19th.

We had quality cuddle time with Vince when we got home – he’s so darn affectionate!


*Shadow and Ringo: Ramona and Norm's dogs
*Kara: Ramona's youngest daughter

End of Entry

2 comments:

  1. So I guess I better check in more often. I didn't realize I was a topic of conversation in your journal entries... And now I'm wondering just what that "important conversation" involved. Oh well, probably best to just keep it in the past rather than drudge up what very likely was an upsetting bit of news. Not that I don't love my daughter to bits, but back in those days her "important" calls usually involved trouble of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it was a "deer in the headlights" moment

    ReplyDelete