-->

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Against the Flow

Yesterday and today the deep freeze temperatures gave way to 40-plus degrees. I celebrated the temperature, sunshine, and sweet blue sky by taking a walk during my 30-minute lunch at work. I've been going through some difficult emotions lately, and this outdoor time is crucial to my well being.

Thanks to several months of snow and ice, my usual walking path was off limits. So, I walked on the road in the business complex. As sometimes happens during my lunchtime walks, I was struck by a profound thought: 


Walk with the flow of traffic, and you risk being struck down from behind by someone you didn't see coming. Walk against the flow, and oncoming traffic automatically gives you the right of way, sometimes going well outside their bounds to make sure you can continue on safely.
Pretty good thing to keep in mind when you're striking out on a new life path, and fear having to go against the flow of things for awhile to get where you're going.



3 comments:

  1. Great analogy. Pretty much how we live our lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the path smooths out soon. I like the analogy, too....it takes courage to face the 'oncoming traffic'.

    ReplyDelete