-->

Thursday, September 25, 2014

6-18-03: So Brave and Good


Wednesday, June 18 2003


11:03 pm   Sad news. Tig had a vet appointment yesterday because he was still sick and weak and skinny. Dr. Scholer determined that Kitter had intestinal cancer; there is medicine that would extend his life a few months, but we opted to put Tig at peace right away. He was so brave and good.

Tig in his prime. An abandoned outdoor kitter
that "let" me adopt him in Seattle, WA.
I held him in my arms and David stood right by and touched Tig. The vet was so kind and gentle, and although my tears flowed for my loss, I felt calm & sure about easing Tig’s pain. He was basically starving to death, unable to digest any food properly. I love Kitter, and will miss his life force.
Addendum 2014: It bothered me then, and it bothers me now, that we kept seeking medical help for Tig, and not until his final day was there a diagnosis. I still feel bad that Tig was suffering, waiting for me to ease his pain, and instead he just felt worse and worse. The vets and I should have insisted on different tests.

Monday morning I baked chocolate chocolate-chip cookies, then spent a lot of time outside weeding the small garden and ‘decorating’ the potting shed. David did business on the computer, then did a lot of weed wacking and some mowing.

Leslie & her kids are coming to visit tomorrow. Hope the rain stays away. Her parents were going to come, but opted out due to preparing for a weekend party at their house.

Worked in the field garden today. Transplanted in some seedlings to make up for the rotted seeds, and reseeded the corn and peas & beans. Cloudy today, but hot & muggy. Loved it!




End of Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment