-->

Saturday, September 13, 2014

6-10-03: Downright Spunky

Tuesday, June 10 2003


9:48pm  The weather “forecasts” keep us guessing, and today I guessed I could work outside despite the thunderstorm warnings. It did shower for @ 10 minutes, while I was in the barn, other than that it was just a warm, cloudy, breezy day.

Actually, this morning I got up with the dogs @ 7am, took a shower, and read the paper in the sunroom after letting the chickens out. Then the clouds set in, so I went downstairs and took care of some email correspondence:  Dad, Ramona, [J & A], Booths.

By 11am I was outside. Planted the remaining 4 roses in the field garden for cutting flowers. Put bird netting over the front yard flower garden. Scooped horse poop. Fed carrots to Sam, Sassy (aka Cocoa Chanel) and Beanie. Continued to make organized sod piles near the west field garden.

Yesterday I weed wacked the slope to the north of the pond, and also down near the stream. My arm muscles are getting burly—in fact, I was easily able to help David get several sheets of drywall downstairs. He’s really making progress on the downstairs bathroom. The shower stall is installed, a wall mounted heater, and all wiring (I think). Sounds like the next big task will be busting up some concrete so he can dig for the sump pump.



Installing the shower stall 

More wiring

Yesterday he finished installing shelving and a work bench in the potting shed. I’m really looking forward to gathering all my potting shed in there, after it’s painted. We plan to use our sprayer to coat the inside with generic exterior white. David has made some good finds on windows for the greenhouse by checking the Home Depot/Lowe’s clearance sections. He just insists on making all my dreams come true!

Tonight David called on an ad for the fishing boat that he thought Lars might be interest in. Wanted to make sure it was still available. I’ll call Lars tomorrow at his neighbor’s house with the info.

Tomorrow morning we have an apt with the IRS. Need to depart at 8:00am.

Dad called tonight while I was in the barn, so he & David chatted. Sounds like everything is going well in Sweden.
I stopped giving Tig his meds because he’s been sick every day since we started them, sometimes twice a day. The plastic & newspaper décor in Tig’s room has totally simplified cleanup, but I feel sorry for his discomfort.

Pav has become downright spunky the last few days; we think it might be the emergency dog food. He really enjoys the great outdoors, and when it’s the least bit warm he stands in the stream or ventures part way into the pond.

Yesterday morning I baked a chocolate cake (box), and made biscuits from scratch. All turned out yummy!

10:37pm  Time to rest—another big day tomorrow!


End of Entry


No comments:

Post a Comment