-->

Saturday, September 20, 2014

6-11-03: When I Wasn't Looking

Wednesday, June 11 2003


10:20 pm   IRS appointment went okay. Afterward went to Meijers & Sam’s Club for groceries and Tractor Supply for misc. items and birdseed. Cloudy weather with a few rain showers, but warm temp.

After we got home David worked on the computer to print out some info for the IRS (audit on previous business) and I headed outside.  Pooper scooped horse, chicken and dog doo…

When I wasn’t looking the mail carrier delivered the final group of plants (errors & omissions from the first package) 20 dogwood “red twig” hedge, 25 lilies, 1 butterfly bush, 1 burning bush. I planted all except the hedges. Around 5:00 pm the sun finally won the battle with the gray and it felt very summery. Saw some itsy bitsy growth on plantings in the field garden. I’ll need to plant the 2nd row of corn by Friday.

Came inside at 6:00 to make dinner: BBQ chicken breast and fresh ears of corn, followed by homemade strawberry shortcake (berries from Meijer, spray can cream, homemade biscuits) – David gave it thumbs up!


werner22brigitte on pixabay.com

David’s having trouble relaxing tonight because he has a doctor’s appt tomorrow morning (routine checkup) followed by an afternoon meeting with Shane & Linda in Galion. I just hope I can support him while he handles all the stressful *setup details.

I have plans to paint the inside of the potting shed, using the paint sprayer. We’ll work together later to plant the hedge in the front yard.



*setup details: Not sure why I didn't include details in my journal, but our business plan was for an office supply store in Galion, Ohio. They didn't currently have one in town, and we had experience from our previous business. More on this later--maybe a supplemental entry because it's a pretty big topic that shaped our lives.


End of Entry



No comments:

Post a Comment