-->

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

7-20-03: Carry On


Sunday, July 20 2003


10:07pm  After getting home yesterday, we didn’t even change clothes before we started checking things out in the yard. Picked up the mail from [K&D] and chatted a bit. Then a bit later, [H] stopped by (on his mower, not ATV) and filled us in on the general goings-on. Had a salad for “dinner” @ 9:00, and soon after to bed since we’ve missed it so much.

This morning I let the dogs out @ 7am, with the intent to go back to bed, but it was so nice out that instead I took some pictures outside, then had a bowl of cereal in the sunroom.


Flower Garden

Beautiful morning reflections
Actually I was half way through the bowl when I saw Tessa hovering over something – turned out to be her first rabbit kill. A juvenile rabbit, but dead nonetheless. It was cute, small and still warm, so I carried it out to the north field so the food cycle could carry on. Then, since the cereal was soggy, I gathered up the pertinents and started weeding in the veg. garden.

Basically, the whole day was spent outside. I weeded and weed-whacked the veg. garden, back yard and west field garden. David mowed the front yard, back yard, north field paths, and bush hogged the west field. For lunch I made an omelet consisting of our chicken eggs, ham & cheese, and a side of stir-fried garden red potatoes, garden carrot, and garden dill, with a pinch of rosemary from our former home in WA. It was a lovely meal.

At 5:00pm my tired back told me to leave the field garden & go inside, so I did. Took my first real shower in days, then prepared dinner of BBQ chicken breasts, carrot & raisin salad, and noodles w/olive oil & herbs. Pretty good, if I must say. After dinner I made up a dinner menu for the next few weeks & with David’s help prepared a grocery list for tomorrow.

Now I’m in bed, catching up on my soaps via video tape of Gen. Hosp, and Soap Net for OLTL. I scraped all my fingernail polish off with my pocket knife and made a mess on the comforter. Oh well.

I’m so happy about the way the gardens are growing. The wildflower garden in the back yard is very pretty now, with poppies going nuts and so many colors and sizes of plants. The front yard perennial garden is doing okay, but we really need to mulch so the crappy dirt doesn’t keep packing together. Tired now, time for lights out.

Poppies!

End of Entry





No comments:

Post a Comment