-->

Monday, July 1, 2013

What's In A Name? It Must Be Champagne!

Time to Name the Fledglings

Before I reveal the chosen names for the three youngsters, I want to explain the origin of the choices.

When I received my first two zebra finches as a Christmas present from my husband, we were drinking our favorite low-budget champagne. I decided that the male would be called Andre (the brand of champagne) and the female would be Crystal (like the glasses). Then, after Andre suddenly passed away, I named the new male Andre II (not to be lazy, but to honor Andre the First), and Crystal's eventual replacement was named Bubbles (not just for the obvious champagne reference, but for her personality!) 

Sadly, Bubbles is gone, but I believe Deuce is raising three little females (based on their beaks being black, not orange like a male). So I propose the following names:

FLUTE (like the glass, and also as a tribute to Crystal)

SPARKLING/nickname SPARKLES (a tribute to Bubbles)

CORKY (this name goes to the bird that always climbed to the top of the others in the nest, is the biggest thanks to being first and last for feedings, and was first to pop out of the nest!)

Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment