-->

Thursday, October 16, 2014

6-27-03: First Load of Hay


Friday, June 27 2003


9:23 pm     Hot weather continues. I’m a gardening maniac, and David is an indoor/outdoor maniac.


Ready for boxed in mirror cabinet

Shower stall and framed sump closet

Half wall between toilet and sink area


Talked to Dad today – he called after 11pm their time, said it’s still light out so no reason to quit working except for the mosquitos… We talked about Tig and each other’s projects. Sounds like they’re busy and relaxed.

Yesterday we brought in a load of “hay” from the north field. David had mowed the tall grass out there recently and it had dried nicely in the heat. The neighbors have been busy baling hay, so I figured I’d go out and rake up a little of our own. Sure, it was almost 90 and humidity way up there, but I took my pitchfork out and raked up @ 8 big piles. It’s a grass/hay/weed mixture, but will work well for mulch and emergency animal food. David drove the pickup truck out to the field (after testing the ground with the tractor) and we loaded the whole bed high. Then we brought it back to the barn and hoisted it into the loft. 


Our first "load" of hay

Aerial view of our first "load" of hay

Hay in the hay loft!
*Sam enjoys the lettuce from the garden (I pick the icky variety ‘Florida broadleaf mustard’)

Creamsicle continues to lay one egg per day.

I slept til 10:00 this morning and the dogs were right there with me. In fact, they’re right here with me now, exactly 12 hours later!



*Sam: the neighbor's horse. In hindsight, I can't believe we were still boarding him for free! What a couple suckers.



End of Entry





No comments:

Post a Comment