-->

Saturday, February 14, 2015

7-25-03: Tangential Daydreams


Friday, July 25 2003


8:01 am   Very sleepy. Just woke up. Decided to start getting up earlier and making the days long enough to get all our projects done. The birds are doing their thing outside my window but at a lower decibel than spring. Nothing too eventful the last couple days.

Wednesday the weather was still gray. Went to town (Galion) for a few business setup things, bank, insurance. I hung out in “the office” and measured this & that while David was in the bank. Later we stood inside our biz-to-be and envisioned placement of counters, shelving and copiers. Lots of cleaning and painting to be done.

Also, went to JC Penneys for a big sale – bought bathroom rug, towels, shower curtain for the downstairs bathroom, and some sheets & stuff for the bedroom. Spent a lot, saved a lot.

Ribs & garden potatoes & salad for dinner.

Yesterday morning David went out again on business while I putzed in the garden. When he came back, we took off on the Gold Wing to Mt Gilead to get it licensed. Nice weather for a change, and the scenery was great as usual. Later that day I stayed outside doing yard maintenance and David worked downstairs texturing the walls.

After a Yakisoba dinner, he removed the paneling from the wall behind the air hockey table. Speaking of renovations, I talked to Leslie yesterday and their house addition is going full steam. Roof is on, windows coming today, and on Monday her exterior kitchen wall will be removed. She said she may need our advice on a few things… 

We want to see the project, and we’re full of advice on this kind of thing. Actually, not so much advice as knowing what questions to ask to find out what a person wants and needs in a design or décor. Especially important for any permanent fixture placement.


kaz / pixabay.com
Well, It’s 8:47am now (I’ve been going off on tangential daydreams between paragraphs) and time to get these goofy dogs off the bed so I can get up. I love looking at them even (especially?) when they’re sleeping. It fills me with a warmth and makes me pause to reflect on how their life forces fill the room, the house, and how dull my sense of joy could become without them around.

Kind of a long winded way of saying: I love the doggies!

David is long gone on errands; buying stuff for our variety of projects. He had quite a list, including 15 gal. of paint!. I’ll go outside and weed before it gets too hot, then I must tackle some indoor chores. Oh, yesterday evening I rode my bike around and invited some neighbors to a spaghetti dinner at our house next Friday, Aug. 1st.

So far confirmed: D&K, P (A works late shift), R&H, J (rents trailer on H’s property). Today I”ll get to L&S and M&W. Probably should invite the family of the girl we may use to pet sit. Just need to alter plans for a large group…. Counting us that would be @ 15 people.

Just heard the first cidcada! 90 days to frost!


End of Entry







No comments:

Post a Comment