-->

Monday, February 23, 2015

7-29-03: Twilight, Stars & Cicadas


Tuesday, July 29 2003


10:47pm

10:58pm   Guess I spaced out there for a while….
Well, another day in the life of country bumpkins… 

7am I got up to let the dogs out. It was a pretty morning so I went out to the chickens and found that Creamsicle had popped out an egg – glad she’s producing again. I went back to bed to snuggle.

‘Keith’ from USI called & said he’d be by @ 10am. (Kontor business) so we were just poking around the house when David noticed that Sam was grazing in the front yard. David went out to the barn, and Sam went in the small door all by himself – turns out the latch on his stall had “come undone”. It was closed when I went out to the chickens, but I hadn’t noticed the lock. I managed to get ‘Beanie’ back in the yard as she was trotting on the road looking for a way back into the field. All’s well that ends well.

After the meeting with Keith (who, by the way, has cast a spell on David that makes him chatty and willing to do guided tours) we headed to the office and continued painting. Worked there until 5:00pm, then headed home.

Had chips & salsa & beer, then outside to continue yesterday’s projects (greenhouse posts…..).  Made egg salad sandwiches for dinner.

Candles in the potting shed. Horses/twilight/stars/cicadas.


End of Entry






No comments:

Post a Comment